Know Me More
I'm Marcin Czernecki, a Software Engineer
Hey there! I'm Marcin Czernecki and I am a software developer based in Barcelona, Spain. I enjoy building apps for any platform: desktop, web and mobile but my real calling is web/cloud development.
As a developer you have to be able to code in a number of languages to be successful. I have learned a ton from others by reading and watching hundreds (maybe even thousands) of tutorials and keeping up with blogs from top developers and designers.
Commercial Experience Years
IT Study Years
Commercial Projects Done
What I Do?
C#, .NET Core (3.x, 5.x, 6.x), .NET Framework (3.5 - 4.8), ASP.NET MVC, ASP.NET WebAPI, ASP.NET Core, Entity Framework 6 / Core, ADO.NET, WinForms, WPF, Xamarin
API, REST, XML, JSON, JWT
Unit tests (MSTest, nUnit, Moq, FluentAssertions), Behavior tests (BDD SpecFlow, Gherkin), Performance/Load testing
MS Sql Server (2008, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2019), Azure Sql Server, MySQL, AuroraDB, SQLite, LiteDB, MongoDB
Azure: Functions, ServiceBus, KeyVault, Fileshare, Blob Storage, AppService, VM, SQL Server DB AWS: SNS, SQS, EC2, S3, Lambda
DevOps & Apps
Jenkins, Azure Pipelines, IIS, Windows Server, SSL, PowerShell, GIT, SVN, TFS, AzureDevOps, Jira, Confluence, WinMerge, Visio, GitHub Actions
Developer, Team Leader, Trainer, Coach
2014 - 2015
Master of Science
University of Silesia
Speciality: Software Engineering
Thesis: Analysis of the functions and performance of selected PHP frameworks
2010 - 2014
Bachelor of Engineering
University of Silesia
Speciality: Computer Games Development
Thesis: Motion sensors in educational games for children
2006 - 2010
Śląskie Techniczne Zakłady Naukowe
Information and Communication Technologies (ICT)
2022 - now
Senior Software Engineer
2021 - 2022
- Part of the team responsible for developing maintainable, reliable webservices deployed on AWS cloud, according to the business requirements, following delivery framework principles, on time and on budget.
- Provided software is based on design and architectual patterns, using key development principles e.g. DRY, SOLID, KISS.
- Basing software creation process on BDD paradigm where Gherkin language is being used.
- Technology stack: AWS, .NET Core 3.1 / 6.0, nUnit, SpecFlow, AuroraDB (MySQL), Redis, Docker, GitHub, Jira, JFrog, TeamCity, GoAWS, AWS (SNS, SQS, EC2, S3).
2020 - 2021
Senior Software Engineer
- Reimagining and re-platforming legacy application suite as a SaaS based solution using modern technologies and frameworks deployed on Azure cloud for global insurance company.
- Technology stack: Azure (e.g. Functions, ServiceBus, KeyVault), .NET Core 3.1, ASP.NET MVC / WebForms (.NET 4.5 & 4.8), Angular.js 9/10, HTML5, CSS3, Unit testing (Moq, nUnit, FluentAssertions), AzureDevOps, GIT, TFS
2017 - 2020
Senior Software Engineer Team Lead
- Leading a team.
- Taking responsibility for delivering a working software according to the business requirements, following SDLC principles, on time and on budget.
- Sharing knowledge with others as a trainer.
- Working with many worldwide teams e.g. India, France, Germany, Italy, Canada, UK, etc.
- Implementing fiscal and legal requirements of specific countries in base product.
- Implementing customizations for the customers from Europe - Automated unit tests coordination.
- Automated unit tests coordination.
- Administration of Continuous Integration - Jenkins
2015 - 2017
- Assisting in resolving development tasks with clients and/or customers.
- Developing solution elements in the context of the defined master plan and in order to provide them for the overall solution.
- Development and Definition of Applications and SW-Architecture.
- Construction, Testing and Configuring of Solutions.
- Piloting within the Customer Environment.
- Maintenance of Solutions.
- Code Reviewing.
- Planning and creating of product information, professional handbook preparation, studies, training materials and professional templates for customer offers.
- According to the rules of the project management, assisting in the accomplishment of development tasks/projects.
- Assisting in trainings and workshops for employees, partners and customers.
2012 - 2015
Full Stack Developer
- Developing web applications using Microsoft .NET (C#, TSQL, LINQ, ASP.NET MVC, WebForms).
- Creating web applications using PHP OOP technology (Zend Framework 2, PhalconPHP, Laravel).
- Developing frontend of web apps using JS (jQuery, Backbone.js), CSS3, HTML5.
- Developing webservices for mobile applications.
- Modifying existing software to correct errors and to improve performance.
- Interpreting customer business needs.
- Database design and maintenance: MySQL, MS SQL 2008/2012, PostgreSQL (PostGIS).
.NET Framework 95%
.NET Core 85%
JS / HTML / CSS 60%
Some of my work
Get in Touch
Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain